Question-How do I import items into Agiliron on a regular basis using Matrix Items?
Enix & Associates is an Advanced Certified Agiliron Business Partner. As your Agiliron consultant, we can assist you with the evaluation and implementation of the Agiliron product suite.
- After logging into Agiliron the first step is to open the most recent spreadsheet imported.
- Highlight the entire spreadsheet and adjust the columns to actual. Freeze top row of the spreadsheet.
- Note the last product number and barcode number used. You want to increment this by one on the new spreadsheet to enter.
- With Matrix Items it's critical to keep the same Product Code unique for each item name. For the barcodes just use the Excel Formula +1 and drag to the last active row in the spreadsheet.
- Then using Excel's copy and Paste Special feature, you want to paste the values only. This is because we are going to copy this column to the Matrix SKU Code column and we want pure numbers, not the formulas. We like to keep the Barcode Numbers and the Matrix SKU numbers exactly the same. This allows for easy management of the numbering methodology.
- Once you have completed all of the appropriate columns to import you want to save the file as a CSV (Comma Delimited) file.
- In Agiliron go to the Products section and you want to click on the "Import Products" link. In my case, I already have a custom template named since we import the same columns for this client every time (huge time saver).
- In this case, we are selecting all mapped fields.
- Next, you want to choose the file you just saved earlier. Note the CSV extension.
- Step 4 is where you would choose the columns to import. But since I'm using a custom saved import template they are already mapped.
- Next, you click Import Now in the bottom right of this screen. A progress bar keep you informed of the progress.
- Step 5 gives you the results. In this case I have successfully imported 119 items with one error. This allows me to easily check on the Matrix Sku Code and correct it accordingly.
I hope these steps and tips have been helpful. Good luck with your Agiliron journey.