If you’re a contractor, it’s just as important that you stay connected and up-to-speed on all the details of your project while on the jobsite, as it is when you are in the office. When it comes to your accounting information such as profit and job costing reports, invoicing, and payments, you want instant access wherever you may be. We’ll go over these features and more that are available with QuickBooks Online Advanced, as well as helpful apps for contractors that connect directly with QuickBooks.
Manage Construction Job Costs and Profitability
Through easily accessible dashboards and reporting, QuickBooks Online Advanced allows you to see which projects are profitable, or which projects have cost overruns. You can track time and expenses for each project, as well as run valuable profit and full job costing reports from any location.
Manage Multiple Contractors
QuickBooks Online Advanced will help you keep up with your different contractors by:
- Ensuring you stay compliant and save time on all of your 1099s
- Assisting in W-9 and tax ID information requests for sub-contractors
- Showing how much time is spent per project
- Adding cost rates by employee or syncing seamlessly with QuickBooks Payroll
Convenient Invoicing Features
- Send invoices and estimates while on-the-go and attach construction plans, contracts, or photos
- Receive immediate updates when an invoice is viewed or paid
- Accept credit cards, debit cards, and free bank transfers for fast payment
Construction Related Apps Connect to QuickBooks
There are great applications available that are tailored to the construction industry and will connect seamlessly with QuickBooks. Use these to customize your system to your particular needs. Here are four we recommend:
QuickBooks Payroll: This real-time payroll app gives accounting data updates that save you time. From there you can share real-time data with your accountant.
QuickBooks Payments: The QuickBooks Payments app lets you accept credit cards, debit cards, and ACH bank transfers.
Jobber: This project-based app syncs with QuickBooks to keep you connected anywhere. You can access job details, track time, invoice, and more, while syncing customer, invoice, and payment information between Jobber and QuickBooks.
Knowify: The app Knowify has a bi-directional, real-time sync with QuickBooks so that your construction software will always be connected to your accounting software.